Sumary of Occupational Therapy Month 2021:
- Age Safe® America celebrates Occupational Therapy Month and the vital role played by occupational therapists in the lives of Americans of all ages..
- So the professionals who are trained to help us improve how we manage in our homes in all aspects from work or hobbies to activities of daily living such as getting dressed, cooking, eating and driving are occupational therapists..
- They can train workers to use the correct ergonomics, help people with low vision or other sensory challenges maintain their independence, make homes more safer and more accessible, evaluate and train older drivers and promote overall health and wellness..
- Others choose acute care or home settings to work with accident victims to regain needed skills or offer assistance to people with mental illness..
- As an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant, you are part of a vitally important profession that helps people across the lifespan participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities…