Sumary of HFSC Canada Emphasizes Collaboration to Help Drive Home Fire Sprinkler Safety Education:
- and Canadian fire departments promoting the life-saving benefits of fire sprinklers in new homes.
- Today, the fire service is the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition’s (HFSC) most important partner in delivering quality grassroots awareness and education programs across North America.
- This week, Lorraine interviews Maya Milardovic, Associate Vice President, Government Relations, The Co-operators Group, and Sean Tracey, HFSC Canada, two key members of the HFSC Canada team, which is made up of representatives from NFPA, The Co-operators, the Canadian Automatic Sprinkler Association, and the Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs.
- HFSC Canada is the driving force behind a well-coordinated country-wide effort to raise awareness about home fire sprinklers through public education and supporting the fire service and their community outreach.
- HFSC Canada also works with local stakeholders to promote home fire sprinkler developer incentives.
- In the video, both Maya and Sean point to the fact that no one organization can go it alone nor should people feel they are on their own in their advocacy efforts.
- The key, they say, is working with like-minded organizations, individuals, and the fire service, all of whom have the same desire and enthusiasm to share best practices and consistent messages and resources that can help educate communities about the life-saving benefits of home fire sprinklers.