Sumary of Oregon county investigating an E. coli outbreak of unknown origin:
- Multiple local media outlets in the Medford, OR, area are reporting that Jackson County is dealing with an E.
- Fifteen people across Jackson County have been infected with E.
- Jackson County Public Health officials told NewsWatch 12 that the hospitalizations include several children.
- County officials did not respond to requests from Food Safety News for information.
- “We need citizens to be aware that serious diarrhea or bloody diarrhea should be reported to their health care provider.
- ” Jackson County Public Health investigators are trying to determine the source of the E.
- Officials have told numerous news outlets that they believe the outbreak to be localized in the county.
- coli infections develop a potentially life-threatening kidney failure complication, known as a hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS).