Sumary of Kellogg’s RX brand launches protein-rich cereals:
- Dive Brief: RX has launched a new cereal made with plant-based protein called RX Cereal.
- The cereal comes in three varieties: Chocolate Almond, Vanilla Almond and Strawberry.
- RX Cereal uses a mix of pea protein, almonds and brown rice to provide its protein.
- Each serving of the cereal contains 11 to 12 grams of protein and three to four grams of fiber depending on the flavor.
- The cereals also are made without artificial colors, flavors, ingredients or preservatives.
- Breakfast made a comeback during the pandemic as consumers spent more time eating at home.
- The new RX Cereal is the RX brand’s latest product offering to expand its reach beyond protein bars to include kid snacks, nut butters and oats.
- Dive Insight: Cereal is an appealing option for RX’s entry into the breakfast space, since it’s a timeless staple that can be prepared quickly.