Sumary of FDA announces budget request for federal fiscal year 2022:
- “Food safety investments include funding to support implementation of the New Era of Smarter Food Safety Blueprint to reduce the number of illnesses attributed to FDA-regulated foods;.
- bolstering the funding provided to programs which are responsible for maternal and infant health and nutrition;.
- providing much needed additional funds to address numerous emerging food-related chemical and toxicological issues;.
- The agency budget request includes $3.6 billion in budget authority – including $343 million in increases – and $2.9 billion in user fees – an increase of $155 million..
- This includes important funding for critical public health infrastructure like our data modernization efforts, as well as investments in core safety programs such as our inspection and surveillance work and initiatives to improve maternal and infant health..
- The budget request also seeks increases to help address complex challenges facing the country such as the ongoing opioid crisis and promoting health equity among underserved communities,”.
- “We look forward to continuing to work with Congress to ensure the FDA has the resources it needs to carry out our vital mission to protect and promote public health.”…