Sumary of 5000 Years Foods, Inc. Recall Cabbage Kimchi Because of Possible of Health Risk:
- Summary Company Announcement Date: July 13, 2021 FDA Publish Date: July 14, 2021 Product Type: Food &
- Beverages Reason for Announcement: Recall Reason Description Potential Listeria monocytogenes contamination Company Name: 5000 Years Foods, Inc.
- Product Description: Product Description Kimchi Products Company Announcement 5000 YEARS FOODS, INC.
- of CHICAGO, ILLINOIS is recalling SLICED CABBAGE KIMCHI, WHOLE CABBAGE KIMCHI, JULRADO WHOLE CABBAGE KIMCHI, JULRADO SLICED CABBAGE KIMCHI, NO MSG WHOLE CABBAGE KIMCHI, NO MSG SLICED CABBAGE KIMCHI, NO MSG JULRADO WHOLE CABBAGE KIMCHI, NO MSG JULRADO SLICED CABBAGE KIMCHI, WHITE KIMCHI, BABY NAPA KIMCHI because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
- The recalled product was distributed in ILLINOIS where the product was further distributed and it reached customers through distributors to retail stores potentially nationwide.
- The recalled product was sold in 5GAL plastic tubs, and 128 oz, 64 oz, 32 oz, &