Sumary of NFPA now offers Middle East and North Africa solutions page in Arabic:
- NFPA has launched a new Middle East and North Africa (MENA) solutions page in Arabic as part of its 125th Anniversary commitment to serving global stakeholders.
- The new microsite introduces building, electrical, fire, and life safety workers in MENA territories to the NFPA codes, standards, training and certification resources that are paramount for keeping pace with progress.
- The breakneck speed of development in the Gulf Region has led to electrical, fire protection, code enforcement, and inspection, testing, and maintenance (ITM) challenges like those experienced in the US and other countries over the last century – only in the Middle East and North Africa, safety issues are presenting in a more condensed, concerning manner.
- NFPA has spent decades working with government authorities and private entities in the Middle East to reduce risk, but this marks the first time the association has promoted relevant resources in Arabic for those charged with protecting people and property.
- NFPA is making its resources accessible to more than 400 million Arabic speaking people in Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
- Anas Alzaid, the local NFPA representative in Saudi Arabia, assesses local safety concerns;