Sumary of New Fire in the US report highlights factors that have reduced loss in the days since America Burning and areas where work is st…:
- The number of fires and fire deaths in the United States has reduced dramatically and that progress has unfortunately led to fire safety taking a back seat to other societal concerns that seem more pressing..
- To understand the headway that has been made and the challenges that remain, NFPA commissioned the Fire Protection Research Foundation, the association affiliate, to examine the current state of fire safety in the United States..
- Life Safety Ecosystem, is expected to be a key document with valuable insights that will help to advance fire and life safety..
- The report references success in several occupancies such as hospitals, nursing homes, schools, and hotels and really zeroes in on residential fires because they account for the largest share of reported structure fires and most of the civilian fire deaths and injuries..
- The most successful recipe for fire safety in the built environment has been the implementation of fire safety technologies through mandated codes and standards NFPA Fire &.
- Additionally, catastrophic multiple-death fires and fires in the wildland/urban interface (WUI) were looked at because they have the potential to cause significant human loss….