Sumary of Championing Firefighter Health and Safety Through the Support of Home Fire Sprinklers:
- Home fire sprinklers mean less risk exposure for firefighters and fire investigators.
- It’s one of the many reasons why today the fire service is one of the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition’s(HFSC) most ardent supporters in delivering sprinkler education programs and information to communities across North America.
- To help explain the evolution of the fire service’s work with HFSC, Ron Siarnicki, executive director of the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) joins HFSC president Lorraine Carli in an interview, the latest in a video series created to celebrate the 25th anniversary of HFSC.
- Ron also highlights key NFFF programs like the “Everyone Goes Home” program, which strives to prevent firefighter line-of-duty deaths and injuries, and its connection to the efforts of HFSC.
- He also highlights the “16 Firefighter Life Safety Initiatives” and points specifically to initiative #15, which addresses the importance of code enforcement and fire sprinklers.