Sumary of A Better Understanding of NFPA 70E: Job Safety Planning and Job Briefing:
- What if it is a multistory printing press that has several problems every day?
- The primary method of protecting an employee from electrical hazards must be establishing an electrically safe work condition.
- Any exposure must be properly justified regardless of its nature.
- Documented procedures are necessary whether it is troubleshooting that exposes an employee to hazards or justified energized work that does.
- There are exclusions to requiring an energized work permit but that does not remove the need for a planning and briefing.
- A safety procedure and energized work permit could be written for that specific repetitive task.
- An energized work permit may not be required if the task is limited to troubleshooting.
- The job planning section does not address the energized work permit, but the permit could be used to gather the necessary information.