Sumary of As Family Vacations Resume, CPSC Warns of Safety Hazards in Vacation Rental Homes:
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is reminding consumers to look for critical safety features when staying in vacation rental homes.
- Travelers should make sure their vacation rental home has smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, fire extinguishers, in addition to pool safety and home elevator safety features, if applicable.
- Among the most important safety tips for traveling consumers are the following: Fire Safety Check for adequate smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Child Safety Avoid deadly furniture and TV tip-overs;
- don’t let children climb on furniture, and don’t place toys and remotes where children might be tempted to climb up to reach for them.
- Keep cleaning supplies in a locked cabinet or out of reach of children.
- Keep baby’s sleep space free from pillows and blankets, and use cribs that meet CPSC safety standards.
- Check saferproducts.gov to be sure none of the child or infant products in a vacation rental are subject to a recall.