Sumary of Social Workers Are Essential:
- Age Safe® America salutes the 700,000 professional social workers in our nation, and the invaluable contributions social workers make in our society, especially as this nation addresses the Coronavirus pandemic..
- Social workers often are unsung heroes, but they play an essential role in helping people from all walks of life and backgrounds to live life to the fullest..
- As practitioners, social workers are trained to help people address personal and systemic barriers to optimal living..
- You will find social workers throughout society protecting children from abuse and neglect, providing mental health and substance use disorder treatment, assisting active duty military, veterans and their families, in schools, helping corporations better serve their communities, and in community organizations as well as in local, state and government..
- During the Coronavirus pandemic social workers have been on the frontlines along with doctors, nurses, grocery store staff and other essential employees..
- As our nation recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic, economic uncertainty, and racial unrest social workers are needed more than ever..
- Social work is one of the fastest growing professions in the United States, and according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), is expected to rise to more than 800,000 professionals by 2029….