Sumary of Benefits of Exercising Outside:
- The good news is it never too late and now is the ideal time to find a fitness routine that works for you and the benefits of exercising outside..
- Getting outdoors means ample space for social distancing and fresh air, which are important for health and safety reasons, but the benefits of outdoor fitness don’t stop there..
- According to research published in the Environmental Science and Technology journal, outdoor exercise has physical and mental benefits..
- These results aren’t surprising to CEO and Founder of Moms on the Run Karissa Johnson, a structured fitness program for women of all ages..
- She said there are basic evidence-based health benefits of nature contact, including reduced stress, lower blood pressure, improved mental health and higher life satisfaction, among others..
- Whether you have experience or not, Johnson suggests exploring running with a local group to help you get outdoors and be fit..
- For example, 90% of Moms on the Run participants in a recent survey said they feel supported and 83% feel they’ve connected with like-minded people, which all contribute to success..
- Being part of a fitness community allows you to develop relationships, and some people form lasting friendships…