Sumary of Aging Life Care Professionals® – Experts in Aging Well®:
- This month we recognize those who lend their minds and hearts to the ever-growing field of caring for the aging..
- As we welcome the immense generation of baby boomers into senior citizen status, we celebrate those who dedicate their careers to supporting the needs of the aging..
- Aging Life Care®, also known as geriatric care management, is a holistic, client-centered approach to caring for older adults or others facing ongoing health challenges..
- Aging Life Care Professionals® (also known as geriatric care managers) have varied educational and professional backgrounds with a specialized focus on issues associated with aging and disabilities..
- Working with families, the expertise of Aging Life Care Professionals provides the answers at a time of uncertainty..
- Through consultation, assessment, care coordination and advocacy, an Aging Life Care Professional works with clients and families to address these challenges..
- They are strategic planners and have a holistic approach to aging with key knowledge areas that include crisis intervention, housing, health and disability, advocacy, family legal, financial, and local resources..
- Assessment and monitoring Planning and problem solving Education and advocacy Family caregiver coaching The Aging Life Care Association (ALCA) is an engaging, supportive network of individuals upholding the highest ethical, educational and professional standards…